Upon course completion Surgeons will:
- Understand and have applied the concepts fundamental to laparoscopic suturing and knot tying; develop advanced skill in solving suturing and knot tying challenges with a variety of techniques, equipment and approaches.
- Have Performed on Real Tissue Models: myomectomy (focusing on defect closure) and/or TLH and/or LSH (focusing on principal movements and vaginal cuff or stump closure); and with these models learn and perform contained tissue extraciton.
- Understand safe and effective use of electrosurgical energy with application to a cadaveric surgical environment.
- Learn female pelvic anatomy through two different simulation exercises.
- "Constructive Dissection of the Female Pelvis"
- Laparoscopic Cadaveric Dissection of the retroperitoneum.